North Korea reports first COVID death after the country implemented the blockade

NEW ONENow you can listen to the articles from Fox News!

North Korea State media reported Friday that six people have died and 350,000 have been treated for a fever after recognizing an outbreak of COVID-19 for the first time since the start of the pandemic.

Almost helped of the 350,000 who developed fever recovered, according to the North Korean Central News Agency (KCNA). The nation said it did not know the cause of the fever.

SOUTH KOREA THINKS TO SEND VACCINES TO CORONAVIRUS-KNITTING NORTH KOREA

On Thursday alone, 18,000 people were found with symptoms of fever.

More than 187,000 people are currently quarantined, and KCNA said one of the six people who died was infected with the omicron variant.

It is unclear how many of the total diseases were linked to the coronavirus.

the World Health Organization (WHO) reports that cases are declining globally, except for the Americas Other Africa.

The agency says North Korea has reported tests on 64,200 people, an extremely low figure compared to other countries.

Last year, North Korea rejected millions of COVID-19s vaccine shots offered by United Nations-Supported COVAX deployment program.

NORTH KOREA REPORTS FIRST COVID-19 epidemic, IMPOSES NATIONAL BLOCK

that of South Korea President She said On Friday the country offered to supply vaccines to North Korea, according to reports.

On Thursday, North Korea implemented a national bloc.

“It is the most important challenge and supreme task facing our party to reverse the immediate public health crisis early, restore the stability of epidemic prevention and protect the health and well-being of our people,” he said. North Korean leader Kim Jong quoted. A how to say.

KCNA said Kim also criticized officials, saying the outbreak centered on the capital Pyongyang.

The outbreak can be linked to aa military parade in April.

Notably, rail freight traffic between North Korea and China was reopened in January, although the border has since been closed.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Hours after North Korea confirmed the outbreak it launched three suspected ballistic missiles towards the sea.

The provocation comes as President Biden is prepare to visit South Korea and Japan at the end of next week.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.